The new year brings new opportunities for work to many Filipinos aspiring to find a job abroad. For instance, more caregivers are needed in Hong Kong, with salaries that are nearly twice the one offered for domestic helpers.
Recently, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) also announced new job opportunities for nurses as Germany seeks to hire at least 400 Filipino nurses.
The opportunity was made possible by the Triple Win Project of Germany.
Successful applicants will enjoy a starting monthly gross salary of €1,900 (Php113,400), but according to the POEA, this would increase to €2,300 (Php137,300) once the candidate gains recognition as qualified nurse.
The POEA also announced that the employer will shoulder the costs of language classes for the applicants plus the processing of the successful candidates’ visa. The employer will also shoulder the airfare from the Philippines to Germany.
In Germany, the employer will also help the new hires find suitable accommodation. But it is important to note that board and lodging will not be shouldered by the employer; the nurses will be the ones to pay for these expenses.
Applicants must have the following qualifications to be eligible for the job offer:
- male or female
- Filipino citizen
- permanent resident of the Philippines
- graduated from Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- has an active Philippine Nursing License
- has at least two years related professional experience (bedside) in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and/or care institutions
Aside from these basic qualifications, the new hires will also be required to undergo language training to be proficient in the German language. They are required to at least attain Level B1r B2 Language Proficiency Level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, reports Yahoo! News.
The language courses will be paid for by the employer, but applicants must be able to attend classes in April and May 2019.
Required documents are the following:
- cover letter and curriculum vitae with colored passport size picture
- Nursing Diploma (notarized copy)
- Board Certificate and copy of license from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
- Certificates of employment in related field (previous and current) (notarized copy)
- High School Diploma (notarized copy)
- Attendance and/or level certificate for German language, if available
- Copy of valid Passport
- Certificate of POEA online Pre-employment Orientation Seminar (PEOS) (peos.poea.gov.ph)
Qualified applicants should register their application online via www.eservices.poea.gov.ph.
All documents, placed in a folder, must also be personally submitted at the Blas F. Ople Bldg. (formerly POEA Bldg.), Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City. Make sure to put the heading “German Federal Employment Agency RSF No. 180028” on your folder.
Deadline for submission of applications is on February 28. Interviews are scheduled at the end of March.