Overseas Filipino workers victimized by illegal recruiters may seek help and legal assistance from the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration’s (POEA) Legal Assistance Division. The said division offers legal assistance such as giving legal advice, conciliation, preparation and filing of complaints as well as counseling during preliminary investigation and hearings completely free of charge.
You can file administrative cases as well as illegal recruitment cases against a violating recruitment agency that sent you abroad through the POEA. Here’s the step-by-step process on how to file a complaint:
- Fill up the verification form which you can get from the Guard on Duty at the 4th floor of POEA Central Office or POEA Regional Centers.
- Submit the accomplished form at Window 3 of Licensing Branch located at the 4th floor to verify status of persons/ agency.
- Workers who are already deployed must also accomplish OFW Information Sheet from the Central Records Division located at the 6th floor of the building.
- Submit the verified form and Information Sheet to the Legal Assistance Division Legal Officer. Wait for your name to be called.
- Once your name is called, go to the table of the designated Legal officer to get counseling or legal assistance. You will also be asked to file a complaint form.
- The complaint form will be submitted to the LAD Legal Officer. You will be asked to swear under oath as to the truthfulness of the facts written in the complaint form.
- File the complaint at the Conciliation Unit located at the 2nd floor if for proper reconciliation or at the Docket and Enforcement Division located at the 3rd floor.
Keep in mind that filing an administrative complaint may take about at least 50 minutes while filing a complaint about illegal recruitment can take 75 minutes.
For more information, visit or contact:
Philippine Overseas Employment Administration
Legal Assistance Division
4th Floor, BFO Building
EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue Mandaluyong City
Telephone Nos.: 09175540249/721-0619 09175501027/722-1189