How to Get DSWD Travel Clearance for Minors

Human trafficking is a serious international issue that also happens in the Philippines. Minors or those below 18 years old are often the ones who are most vulnerable to this situation.

This is the reason why the country, through the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), has strict guidelines when it comes to minors traveling alone or with someone other than their parents.

Who Needs a Travel Clearance?

  • A minor (below 18 years old) traveling alone to a foreign country
  • A minor traveling to a foreign country, accompanied by someone other than his/her parents
  • An illegitimate minor traveling to a foreign country, accompanied by someone other than his/her mother

How to Process Travel Clearance?

Step 1. Download the form from the DSWD website: (

Step 2. Prepare the following requirements:

  • 2 passport-sized photos
  • 1 photocopy of birth certificate (bring original for authentication)
  • 1 photocopy of minor’s passport (bring original for authentication)

Notarized affidavit of consent from both parents, solo parent, legal guardian (whichever is applicable)

The affidavit must contain the following:

  • Country of destination
  • Tentative dates of departure and arrival
  • Length of stay
  • Marriage certificate from the Philippine Statistics Office (PSA), if parents are married
  • CENOMAR from PSA or solo parent identification card coming from the Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office, if solo parent
  • Certificate of legal guardianship, if applicable

Step 3. Pass the requirements to the nearest DSWD office. This process will take some time, especially because there’s a portion for interview by a Social Worker to determine purpose of travel and vulnerability or risk to the child.

Step 4. Once approved, pay the following for processing fees:

  • Clearance with one-year validity – Php300
  • Clearance with two-year validity – Php600

Because there are times when the documents will be difficult to obtain as it would take time to process at the PSA, it is recommended that those traveling with minors to foreign countries should begin processing this document months before the scheduled date of departure.

For more information, visit this page: (