Every year, the Philippine Consulate in Dubai and the Northern Emirates host the Bayanihan Festival which celebrates the Filipino culture.
Philippine Consul General Paul Raymund Cortes formally announced that the Consulate invites everyone to attend the Bayanihan Festival 2018 which will be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) on December 21, 2018, from 7AM to 7PM.
Aside from the exhibits and the Pinoy food and products that you can enjoy at the festival, there are also a number of fun activities and contests that you can join.
The Bayanihan Organizing Committee collaborates with JCA Event Organizers LLC to make this year’s event a wonderful one. New contests were also added to the usual list.
- Bayanihan Festival 2018 features the following contests:
- Battle of the Bands
- Bayanihan Dance Sport (Open for Couple Competitors to perform ChaChacha and Jive)
- Clash of the Champions (The Battle of Singing Champions)
- Clash of the DJs
- Dakilang Bayani Awards 2018
- Gallery Exhibition
- Gupit Pinoy
- Huwarang Estudyante Award
- Kislap ng Pasko (Parol Making Competition)
- Magikero sa Disyerto
- Mr. & Ms. Teen Bayanihan 2018
- Nail Art
- On the Spot Painting
- On the Spot Photography (Kids and Adults Category)
- Parade of Fiestas
- Pinoy Cosplay (Kids and Adults Category)
- Ukit Pinoy (Fruit & Vegetable Carving Competition)
Aside from participating or even just supporting your friends and kababayans in the many events lined up for the day, Filipinos can also help support the event by inviting friends to join.
Nominations for the Dakilang Bayani Award 2018 and Huwarang Estudyante Award have also been formally opened. You can nominate someone you think deserves these awards.
The different contests and competitions have different point persons you can contact if you are interested to join. More information can be found on the official Facebook page of the event, Bayanihan 2018 – powered by JCA.